Wednesday, February 9, 2011

stuff

Whenever my mother begins telling me a story about our family she always starts by saying 'now don't put that into a book.' I don't, well not directly, but what she has told me has certainly influenced my character development especially when I was writing Brigid. It was written in an autobiographical style with a me like character confronted with the ghost of her great great aunt on a trip to Ireland. And I had a great great aunt called Bridget who died before my mother was born and was not talked about in the family because she had her considerable wealth to a female servant of many years instead of to my grandfather.

According to my mother, no one knew anything about the servant who got the money. A great starting point for another novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment